United Way Greater Toronto
There are three distinct Award Categories. They encourage a
Thank You Card
Individual recognition that allows staff to write a personalized thank you card or e-card. It is available throughout the year and provides an opportunity to show appreciation in a timely manner. If desired, employees can also recognize an entire team by using the e-card option.
A nominator might choose to acknowledge an individual who has:
- Gone above and beyond their day-to-day responsibilities.
- Stepped in to help meet a deadline.
- Put in extra effort to handle an unexpected project.
A quarterly individual award that offers more formal recognition for colleagues. All nominees are acknowledged at an all-staff meeting. To be eligible for this award, nominees must demonstrate excellence in one of the following categories: Look Across; Do Great Work; Grab Hold & Let Go; and Show Your Local Love.
A nominator might choose to acknowledge an individual who:
- Often goes above and beyond their day-to-day responsibilities.
- Successfully completed a challenging project or initiative.
- Demonstrated greater effort or larger contributions to achieving organizational, team or individual goals.
A prestigious award that recognizes individuals and teams for their organizational achievements and demonstrating excellence in at least three of the four following categories: Look Across; Do Great Work; Grab Hold & Let Go; and Show Your Local Love.
Since this award process has worked well, we believe it’s best to keep the structure as-is. As in year’s past, a volunteer committee will select three individuals or teams following an extensive peer review – providing the opportunity for staff to get even more involved with the recognition program.