Let’s Create a National Day of Recognition!
It is time for the larger Canadian community to join in and be inspired by the passion, ingenuity and commitment of the human service sector. We are calling for a National Day of Recognition for the heroes in our communities.
Watch Raksha Bhayana present at: 18:37-18.45:14
Presentation to the Senate Committee on the Charitable Sector. Recommendations included creating a National Day of Recognition.
Here’s how you can take action:
- We are going to start a petition, check back for details.
- Connect with your local councillor, MPP/MLA or MP to advocate for a National Day of Recognition.
- Write a Letter to the Editor of your local paper about the topic. Be sure to include a personal story of how you or someone you know has been touched by these heroes.
- Raise the profile of the Heroes in your community through media and social media.
- Connect with the Bhayana Family Foundation on Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter, and like/share our National Day of Recognition posts. Tag your MP.
After the federal election in the new year, we will initiate an e-petition to the House of Commons urging them to create a National Day of Recognition. Please join our mailing list so that we can alert you when the petition is ready.
Together, we will make this happen.