Let’s Create a Day of Recognition!
It is time for the Canadian community to join in and be inspired by the passion, ingenuity and commitment of the human service sector. We are calling for a Day of Recognition for the Not-for-Profit Champions in our communities.
Raksha M. Bhayana speaks to the Senate Committee on the Charitable Sector about creating a National Day of Recognition (18:37-18:45).
Here’s how you can take action:
- We are planning to start a petition at the Provincial level. Please join our mailing list for further information.
- Connect with your local councillor, MPP/MLA or MP to advocate for a Day of Recognition.
- Write a Letter to the Editor of your local paper about the topic. Be sure to include a personal story of how you or someone you know has been touched by these champions.
- Raise the profile of the Champion in your community through media and social media.
- Connect with the Bhayana Family Foundation on Facebook, LinkedIn, and/or Twitter, and like/share our Day of Recognition posts. Tag your MP.
We plan to initiate a petition to the Ontario Legislature urging them to create a Provincial Day of Recognition. Please join our mailing list so that we can alert you when the petition is ready.
Together, we will make this happen.