Let’s Create a Day of Recognition!
It is time for the Canadian community to join in and be inspired by the passion, ingenuity and commitment of the human service sector. We are calling for a Day of Recognition for the Not-for-Profit Champions in our communities.
Raksha M. Bhayana speaks to the Senate Committee on the Charitable Sector about creating a National Day of Recognition (18:37-18:45).
Here’s how you can take action:
- Please complete the Advocacy Letter form below.
- Connect with your local councillor, MPP/MLA or MP (View current MPPs) to advocate for a Day of Recognition of the Non Profit Champions
- Write a Letter to the Editor of your local paper about the topic. Be sure to include a personal story of how you or someone you know has been touched by these champions.
- Raise the profile of the Champion in your community through media and social media.
- Connect with the Bhayana Family Foundation on Facebook, LinkedIn, and/or Twitter. Like/Share our Day of Recognition posts and tag your MP.
- Please contact your local United Way for further information:
Together, we will make this happen.
Please take 60 seconds (or less) to amplify our ask by filling out the form below. A letter with automatically be sent on your behalf to:
- Premier Doug Ford
- Associate Minister Michael Tibollo
- Minister of Health Christine Elliott
- Minister of Children Community and Social Services Todd Smith
- Minister of Long Term Care Merrilee Fullerton