Let’s Create a Day of Recognition!
Nova Scotia takes the leadership by proclaiming the first-ever Recognition Day for The Invisible Champions of the Nonprofit Sector!
The Government of Nova Scotia will be celebrating the contributions of the Nonprofit Sector on October 14 2020. A flag raising ceremony will be held at Province House, Halifax to inaugurate this historic day and the Honourable Stephen McNeil Premier of Nova Scotia will be the keynote speaker. This will be followed by an Awards Ceremony with MC Former Lt. Governor of Nova Scotia Myra A. Freeman CM, ONS, MSM,CD. This will be a hybrid live/virtual event to be attended by staff of the United Ways of Nova Scotia and the membership of the Community Sector Council of Nova Scotia.
The Government of Nova Scotia, United Way Halifax, the Community Sector Council of Nova Scotia and The Bhayana Family Foundation have joined forces to create a memorable day for those who transform lives in their communities. Awards for the staff will recognize excellence in the form of innovation, creativity, diversity, inclusivity, dedication, team building, leadership, and community partnership/building and sustainability. Given the Covid pandemic, special Awards will focus on staff who have demonstrated innovative thinking related to the design, delivery and management of programs and services. This will include transformations in digital service delivery, systemic transformation related to policies, programs and services, and strategic collaborations amongst community agencies.
Let’s keep the momentum going!
Let’s create Recognition Days across the country for the NonProfit Sector! Please add your voice and sign the petition.
Other actions you can take:
- Contact your local councillor, MPP/MLA or MP (View current MPPs/MPs) to advocate for a Day of Recognition of the Nonprofit Champions.
- Connect with the Bhayana Family Foundation on Facebook, LinkedIn, and/or Twitter. Like/Share our Day of Recognition posts and tag your MPP/MP.
- Write a Letter to the Editor of your local paper about the topic. Be sure to include a personal story of how you or someone you know has been touched by these champions.
- Raise the profile of the Champion in your community through media and social media. Tell us your Hero Story.
- Please contact your local United Way for further information.
Raksha M. Bhayana speaks to the Senate Committee on the Charitable Sector about creating a National Day of Recognition (18:37-18:45).